Designing and Delivering a Training Session
This class will be delivered by an instructor from the US Fish and Wildlife Service's Conservation Training Center. More information can be found at http://training.fws.gov/learn/courses.htm. (page 108 in the 2008 Course catalog)
This train-the-trainer course teaches curriculum developers and/or trainers how to design an effective training session. It covers the fundamentals of instructional design, adult learning principles, writing objectives and lesson plans, and interactive strategies to engage participants in learning. During this course, participants design and deliver their own training session. Participants will have an opportunity to learn about delivery methods other than a traditional classroom approach and receive an overview of different types of distance learning as well.
Other topics include: effective communication in the classroom, learning styles, dealing with nervousness, and handling difficult situations.
- Apply principles of adult learning;
- Select the appropriate learning strategy for course content;
- Develop skill-based course objectives that meet the learners’ needs;
- Design an effective lesson plan to facilitate instruction;
- Demonstrate a variety of methods to enhance instruction; and
- Use visual aids to support instruction.