Data sheet modifications for the NAD 83 (NSRS2007) coordinates
Thursday, November 15th, 2007
Data sheet modifications for the NAD 83 (2007) coordinates
The following modifications to the
data sheets have been
- Upon further consideration, NGS has decided not to implement the "NAD 83(NSRS2007)" datum tag on datasheets, and will maintain the "NAD 83(2007)" tag as the permanent identifier of points that have an NSRS2007 coordinate.
- The format of the records for
the NAD 83 latitude and
88 Helmert orthometric height have been permanently changed to keep the
spacing as the previous data sheet. The inclusion of 'NSRS' in the
datum tag had moved both fields to the right five places and caused applications
take data sheets as input to fail. The new, permanent datum tag will
NAD 83 (2007) and an explanatory note will be added to the data sheet
explain that the datum tag '2007' means 'NSRS2007'.
- For survey control stations determined 'NO CHECK' by the
readjustment, the published NAD83 coordinate line has been designated
CHECK' (replacing 'ADJUSTED') and the ELLIP HEIGHT line has been
CHECK' (replacing 'GPS OBS').
- The ellipsoid height line has been designated 'ADJUSTED'
OBS' (except for NO CHECK stations; see above).
- After further review and analysis NGS decided to leave the
on the data sheet. The Local Accuracies will not be published on the
sheets at this time. NGS is working to update the output format of the
Accuracies. In the interim, the Local Accuracies are available in Re-adjustment
Distribution Format (or “RDF”).
The previous update notice for the data sheet may be found here.