UNIVERSAL DATA DELIVERY FORMAT
The Universal Data Delivery Format consists of, (1) airport files containing aeronautical data associated with an airport, or (2) miscellaneous files containing data for navigational aids which are either not associated with an instrument approach procedure for an NGS surveyed airport or which are located more than 10 nautical miles from an NGS surveyed airport. Note that the airport and miscellaneous file formats are the same, only the contents is different.
Each file contains the following five sections:
- - Airport Data
- Furnishes airport location identifier and site number, FAA region, airport name and associated city, survey datums, magnetic declination, and other airport related information.
- - Runway Data
- Furnishes runway, stopway, and blast pad information.
- - Navigational Aid Data
- Furnishes navigational aid information, including computed distances between NAVAIDS and selected runway points.
- - Obstruction Data
- Furnishes obstruction information, including computed distances from, and heights above, selected runway points. Also included are penetrations of obstruction identification surfaces.
- - Additional Information
- Furnishes miscellaneous information that cannot be logically included with the other data, such as, "nice to know" and special information that concerns the airport.
Most file records carry a date in the last field of the record indicating the mostrecent verification data for that record.