UNIVERSAL DATA DELIVERY FORMAT
The following conventions have been adopted for UDDF files:
- - UDDF is furnished as ASCII files.
- - Each field is delimited by a "pipe" symbol (|).
- - The five data sections are separated within a file by an "at" symbol (@).
For example, the "Airport" section is separated from the "Runway"
section by a "@".
- - Data sub-sections within a section are separated by a "pound" symbol (#).
For example, runways within the runway section are separated from each other by a
- - The end of the file is indicated by an "EOF".
- - West longitudes and south latitudes are negative. East longitudes and north
latitudes are positive.
- - All elevations are in FEET.
Naming conventions for UDDF files follow:
- Sample airport file name is "MFR__96A.***" where:
- Airport location identifier as published in FAA Order 7350.**, "Location
Identifiers," as amended. Airport files contain data associated with the indicated
airport and located no greater that 10 nautical miles from the Airport Reference Point.
- Year (96) of file posting and version (A) within that year. For example, 96A
indicates that this file is the first MFR file posted in calendar year 1996. 96B would
indicate that this file is the second MFR filed posted in 1996. 97A would indicate that
this file is the first MFR file posted in 1997.
- .*** = .TXT
- Obstruction section contains features representing FAR-77 Obstruction Identification
Files uploaded prior to July 22, 1998.
- .*** = .F77
- Obstruction section contains features representing FAR-77 OIS.
Files uploaded after July 22, 1998.
- .*** = .ANA
- Obstruction section contains features representing ANA (Area Navigation Approach)
- .*** = .CMB
- Obstruction section contains features representing a combination of FAR-77 and ANA
- .*** = .LPV
- Obstruction section contains features representing ANA-LPV (Localizer Performance With Vertical Guidance)
- .*** = .OEP
- Obstruction section contains features representing OEP (Operational Evolution Plan)
- .*** = .CGR
- Obstruction section contains features representing CGR (Congressional Airport)
- .*** = .SPC
- File contains data that cannot be incorporated into the above mentioned file types
due to conflict.
- Sample Miscellaneous data file name is "NAV1196.TXT" where:
- Miscellaneous data file indicator. Miscellaneous data files contain data for
navigational aids which are either not associated with an instrument approach procedure
for an NGS surveyed airport or which are located more than 10 nautical miles from an NGS
surveyed airport. The "11" identifies the horizontal and vertical geodetic
datums for all data in the file (see fields 9 through 12).
- Same as for an airport file.
- The extension .TXT will be the same for all files.